People buying property will think a lot and take a lot of time before they decide to purchase a property and call it their home. The reasons being, if they are going to make their home, it should have those vibes and connect, they should envisage that this could be the place they would want to spend their lives and of course a huge money or even life’s savings are involved in the process so the choices are made carefully.
Here are some tips by experts to get your house off the hook
- How you have arranged your house will define your personality and they will see how they could utilise the space and make their own. Generally the buyers buy into a lifestyle so it depends on how you maintain your house.
- A fresh coat of paint never hurt anyone and a neutral colour will enhance the house and make it seem bigger too. Since the front door that is first observed before entering the house, a fresh paint on it will really give an extra brownie to the package. As they say first impression is the best impression.
- Remove broken or torn furniture out of sight, clean up your sink and bathroom areas and not let them look filth with moss and grime. Getting rid of odours and make the place look more appealing.
- The garden area might as well look enticing as it is the part of the property they are going to buy so a little organising of pots or mowing of grass will do the trick.
- If you have hired a real estate agent let him/her do the talking as they would which points of the house have to be highlighted to get the customer interest and downplay the shortcomings.
The last but not the least, there are always mixed feelings when selling the house and you might be irritated at the number of potential buyers going in and out of the house, but keeping a warm and cheerful attitude will definitely make it worthwhile and make the process a whole lot easier.